Stop Making Excuses For This "President"
Updated: May 21, 2020
As a woman or any minority in America, it's our job to be informed. That being said with such a heated political climate, it can sometimes feel too suffocating to keep up. But don't stress, because I’m going to make it easy for you. Here, I have created a list of just a few reasons Trump should have been impeached a long time ago.
1. Let's start with the overall umbrella problem of his vocabulary. He has repeatedly referred to African countries as “shitholes." Neo-Nazi's as “very fine people,” and women as “dogs,” “fat pigs,” and “slobs.”
2. In November of 2016, just two short weeks after he had unfortunately been elected, Trump settled three separate fraud lawsuits related to Trump University for a reported $25 million. So sorry, but your “He may not be nice but he's a businessman.” argument won't work here.
3. In the summer of 2017, Trump personally intervened to block a merger between AT&T and Time Warner — to try and punish CNN, which is owned by Time Warner, for its less than dignified coverage of him.
4. He green-lighted the last permits needed to begin construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline. The project crosses four states and carries oil from Western North Dakota to the pipeline networks and refineries in the Midwest. So far it has damaged the environment, affected the natural water supply, and disturbed ancient burial grounds of the Native American people.
5. In the past year, seven migrant children have died in federal custody, along with 24 other adults. This is the first time any child has died under these circumstances in the past 10 years, and these numbers only count for the reported deaths.
6. Turns out lying is an impeachable offense. The very first article of impeachment against Nixon accused him of “making or causing to be made false or misleading public statements for the purpose of deceiving the people of the United States.” Not looking too good for the man who just told everyone to inject themselves with disinfectants.
7. During Hurricane Maria in 2017, Trump illegally withheld disaster relief money. According to the Washington Post, Trump told White House officials that “he did not want a single dollar going to Puerto Rico. … Instead, he wanted more of the money to go to Texas and Florida.”
8. He is a rapist. Trump has not only been accused of sexual assault and harassment by dozens of women but in June of 2019, the writer E. Jean Carroll also accused him of raping her in the dressing room of a luxury department store.
9. The Trump administration, as a matter of policy, separated more than 5,400 children — including babies and toddlers — from their migrant parents at the Mexico border. Hundreds of those kids were locked up in cages. It has been reported that this policy may have amounted to “torture.”
10. In October 2018, an investigation by the New York Times found that Trump “received at least $413 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire, mostly through tax dodges in the 1990s.” “He and his siblings set up a sham corporation to disguise millions of dollars in gifts from their parents. … Records indicate that Mr. Trump helped his father take improper tax deductions worth millions more.”
If you found this post informative, go ahead and give it a share, and give that heart button a tap.
Forever in your corner,